Curious about Discovery Cove Orlando? Discovery Cove is an inclusive day resort by Sea World Orlando. Wondering if it is worth the price? Here are 6 reasons why Sea World’s Discovery Cove is the ultimate getaway in Central Florida – and a unique experience worth the price.
6 Reasons Why Discovery Cove is Worth the Money
- Limited Number of Guests. Don’t like crowds? Don’t worry about them! Discovery Cove is limited to around 1,300 guests per day. This means that you won’t be in shoulder to shoulder crowds like other theme parks.
- Unlimited Food and Snacks. Let’s face it, meals at theme parks are expensive. But, Discovery Cove has you covered with unlimited breakfast, lunch, snacks, non-alcoholic drinks, and some beer and wine selections.
- Breakfast. Served from 7:15am to 10:30am daily. It includes: Scrambled eggs, sausage, french toast, muffins, cinnamon buns, yogurt, cold cereals, fruit, and more.
- Lunch. Available from 11:15am to 3:30pm. Food choices include: Pizza, burgers, wraps, sandwiches, salmon, steak, and more. Desserts offered include: Cupcakes, cake, and fruit.
- Snacks. Available all day and include: Chips, pretzels, cookies, fruit, icees, and beverages.
- Have a Picky Eater? No problem! Discovery Cove also offers hot dogs, chicken tenders, macaroni and cheese, and pasta.
- Require a Specialized Diet? Discovery Cove offers gluten free, vegetarian, and vegan options.
3. Gear Included. Just show up with your swimsuit! All other gear that you’ll need at Discovery Cove is included in the price. This includes a rental wetsuit or swim vest, life jackets (optional), lockers, towels, sunscreen, snorkel mask, souvenir snorkel (yours to keep!), and shower toiletries.
4. Free Parking. Like most things at Discovery Cove, parking is included and plentiful.
5. Lots to Do. There are so many things to do at Discovery Cove, you probably won’t be able to do everything in one day.
- Explorer’s Aviary: An enclosed bird aviary where guests can interact and feed several different types of tropical birds.
- The Grand Reef: An artificial coral reef stocked with tropical fish and sting rays. Guests are able to swim and snorkel through the area. Certain areas of The Grand Reef are behind glass and allow guests to safely get ‘close’ to sharks and eels.
- Freshwater Oasis: A natural wading pool where guests can look in at otters and marmosets.
- Wind-Away River: A lazy river in a natural setting. The Wind-Away River goes through the Explorer’s Aviary. Guests can swim, snorkel, or float their way past rocks, waterfalls, and animal exhibits.
- Serenity Bay: A freshwater bay for swimming that doesn’t contain animals, but does have 85 degree water, a white sand beach, and plenty of lounge chairs.
6. Optional Upgrades. Celebrating a special occasion or looking to make your day truly a once in a lifetime experience? You can upgrade your package to include any of these premium options:
- Dolphin Encounter: Guests are able to interact (touch and pet while in the water) bottlenose dolphins.
- Swim with Sharks: A lagoon experience that offers guests a chance to swim with sharks.
- Seaventure: An underwater walking tour while wearing a dive helmet.
- Ray Feeding: A once a day experience where guests are able to feed several types of rays their breakfast.
- Flamingo Mingle: Another once a day experience where guests are able to interact and feed Caribbean Flamingoes.
- Animal Trek: A small group tour to meet exotic birds and small mammals.
- Private Cabana and Day Bed Rentals: Enjoy the lush landscaping in a private space.
- Premium Drink Package: Enjoy signature cocktails, a liquor bar, craft and domestic beers, and both red and white wines.
- Photo Package: Choose from five different professional photographer packages – including the popular digital only option to help document your Discovery Cove Orlando trip.
Ready to visit Discovery Cove? Be sure to make a reservation in advance. Pick up Discovery Cove tickets on the official SeaWorld Parks website, but be sure to check out their specials for Florida residents, guests of certain hotels, and military discounts.